Fluval 304 leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
K so over night something happened to my fluval 304 it leaked everywhere ruining our laminate floor upon inspection o ring looks fine so I vaselined it and tried again but it still leaks it's around the side clips any ideas what replacement parts I will need or how I can fix it myself?

The o ring and the aquastop are the only places the canister can leak from unless there's a crack somewhere. Probably needs a new o ring; they do deteriorate with age, and the 304 is an older model. Teflon tape may help for a temporary seal until you get a replacement.

The o ring and the aquastop are the only places the canister can leak from unless there's a crack somewhere. Probably needs a new o ring; they do deteriorate with age, and the 304 is an older model. Teflon tape may help for a temporary seal until you get a replacement.

Agreed ... it's probably the O-ring ... and hopefully not a crack in the casing.
You can probably get a replacement O-ring at an LFS. But it's looks like a standard O-ring ... so I would think you should be able to get one at hardware stores long as it's the right diameter.

Yeah that was my first thought too problem is when o rings go it's usually noticeable this looks like it's in mint shape but the aqua stop is perfect not a drop but I also have a new 405 and it locks down tight is one dosent seem like it does but I will have a look for a new o ring and see if that works

Back
Top Bottom