Fluval 305 issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sounds like it is trying to work but not working. I replaced the impeller cover because it was broken and not allowing the shaft to stay in place. Sounds like the motor is working but not spitting out water.

Another issue with this filter, I have 3 (2 305's and one 405) on my 125 tank is every time I do a water change I have to fill the output hose with tank water. The primer pump never gets it going so I fill it all the way up and then it would work again.

None of my other filters do this. Wondering if I should just get a all new filter.

Did you replace the impeller along with the cover? Maybe its not spinning? Try giving it a good cleaning. Sounds like you know how to prime the lines; so I assume thats not an issue here?

Priming these things can be a pain but usually they get going. You can avoid having to prime it each time by shutting the valves before doing your water change.

Did you replace the impeller along with the cover? Maybe its not spinning? Try giving it a good cleaning. Sounds like you know how to prime the lines; so I assume thats not an issue here?

Priming these things can be a pain but usually they get going. You can avoid having to prime it each time by shutting the valves before doing your water change.

I did not replace the impeller, just the cover. I did realize after this post that the intake strainer had come off and was floating in the tank. I checked it and it is cracked to the point where it won't stay on anymore. I need to get another on of these now and don't want to try and prime the unit before doing so.

I will get an new impeller shaft at the same time and see if that helps. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom