Fluval 306 Canister Filter Leaking !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kev28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i have a fluval 306 canister filter worked great and all but suddently started leaking, i opened it up entirely to the motor head checked and cleaned then reassembled it. When I connect it not only does the propeller inside not spin once turned on, it's still leaking. I have a 55 gallon tank and believe me when i say my 306 is the backbone to my tank.

Fluval is trash. I threw mine out. I replaced two impellers in six months. You can buy replacement impellers on Amazon.
If you plug in your housing and it does not spin, it's not going to work at all. Learned this trick after not noticing my impeller did not work and my aquarium was filled with Algae no matter what I did

More importantly kev, do you have a spare filter to power your tank ? One that ou can transfer media into?

Update, propeller does spin however i cant get the leaking to stop and yes i have an aqueon 75 and aquaclear 70 running right now but would like to get my 306 back up

1-800-554*-2436
Fluval customer service
If your housing isn't working it may be causing the leak.
If you go to Amazon and look for a motor maintenance kit. It contains both the impeller and rubber rings. I'd call Fluval to see if it's still under warranty. It gets expensive for replacement parts.

Back
Top Bottom