Fluval 306 grinding noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my 306's has started making a grinding noise. It comes and goes. Will be really loud then just stop. It's coming from the upper area where all the mechanical parts are.

I've never replaced any parts and just wondering if others have had a similar issue and what it was. Is it something that can be replaced or what ?

Have you tried cleaning the impeller and making sure nothing is caught in it? They do make replacement impeller kits which is probably what is causing the noise.

One of my 306's has started making a grinding noise. It comes and goes. Will be really loud then just stop. It's coming from the upper area where all the mechanical parts are. I've never replaced any parts and just wondering if others have had a similar issue and what it was. Is it something that can be replaced or what ?
Have you cleaned the impeller and the housing around it? How old is it? As gunk builds up on moving parts the can become off balanced and I've noticed with mine that a good thorough cleaning can make them sound good as new.

Have you cleaned the impeller and the housing around it? How old is it? As gunk builds up on moving parts the can become off balanced and I've noticed with mine that a good thorough cleaning can make them sound good as new.

Check your Impellar shaft as well. If the ceramic shaft is cracked it will make a grinding noise.

Back
Top Bottom