Fluval 405

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol haha that's funny how you said it. But yeah bacterial bloom I wouldn't want that to happen. I worry to much as it is, i do not need another reason to be stressing. Lol

Ok so I woke up this morning and this is what I saw. *sighs* my head is spinning right now

Attachments

• image-755107260.jpg
    image-755107260.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 70
Well that's not what i expected:ermm:. Is there still particles in the water??
Sorry ignore that last post. I was thinking of another thread!!. Did you only add the stuffing and not remove any other media??. You did rinse it before putting it in right??

Sorry ignore that last post. I was thinking of another thread!!. Did you only add the stuffing and not remove any other media??. You did rinse it before putting it in right??

Yes I did rinse it in old tank water. And I out it under my polishing pads so none floats out. An one rinsed of the sponges on the HOB filters. Did not rinse the media

Negative sir. I'm just gonna give it time. And out and order in online for the purigen and that matrix stuff. I also need to buy a test kit been using the strips. Which are not accurate if I might add. Well maybe I'm reading it wrong. Lol

Negative sir. I'm just gonna give it time. And out and order in online for the purigen and that matrix stuff. I also need to buy a test kit been using the strips. Which are not accurate if I might add. Well maybe I'm reading it wrong. Lol
Yeah give it a few days and it'll be grand. I stripped out my canister on Sat and it was slightly cloudy until yesterday. You are reading those strips right, they are just not very accurate. API liquid freshwater master test kit(Ebay or Amazon) is what you want. A little pricey but will last ages.

Is it an ammonia spike? How would I know?
It's possible, the test kit would tell you. If it is, it should settle down pretty quick....

Yeah give it a few days and it'll be grand. I stripped out my canister on Sat and it was slightly cloudy until yesterday. You are reading those strips right, they are just not very accurate. API liquid freshwater master test kit(Ebay or Amazon) is what you want. A little pricey but will last ages.

It's possible, the test kit would tell you. If it is, it should settle down pretty quick....

It's much better today. Should be looking like your tank in no time

Attachments

• image-1913274666.jpg
    image-1913274666.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 41
Are all those air bubbles coming out the return or do you agitate your water?

its coming from agitating the water. my HOB filters waterfall lol it goes away when the water level is high. but should i be worried? is there a better way of having the filters not do so?

No that's fine HOBs do that. Now if you had all that air coming out the can filter then it would be an issue.

Just out of curiosity.. why did you go with a pillow instead of just bulk stuffing? I would be a little worried about flame retardants, bacteria inhibitors, etc.

Just out of curiosity.. why did you go with a pillow instead of just bulk stuffing? I would be a little worried about flame retardants, bacteria inhibitors, etc.

I just took advice from a fellow aquariumnist. I was thinking about those things and it never crossed my mind to ask. So whats the difference between bulk stuffing and pillow stuffing. And where could I find it?

Thanks for the input by the way

You can get pillow stuffing anywhere. Walmart target etc. I get mine at hobby lobby a giant bag of it is less then $3
Next time you go looking for it ask for a bag of poly-fill

I was just calling it bulk stuffing, pillow batting, pillow stuffing etc. Just check the bag and make sure it is 100% polyfill/polyfiber.

I was just calling it bulk stuffing, pillow batting, pillow stuffing etc. Just check the bag and make sure it is 100% polyfill/polyfiber.

Will do thanks . I appreciate the heads up . It never even crossed my mind

Back
Top Bottom