Fluval 405

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heavy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone tell me what compartment it's best to put the polishing pads? Thanks

Polishing pads should be the last depending on direction of flow. This is top on most canisters.

Polishing pads should be the last depending on direction of flow. This is top on most canisters.
Yes on the Fluval water enters the bottom tray first and then travels up the media baskets, so to keep the polishing pads as clean as and long as possible put em in the top/last basket.

Yes on the Fluval water enters the bottom tray first and then travels up the media baskets, so to keep the polishing pads as clean as and long as possible put em in the top/last basket.
Hey Heavy, put some filter floss in the tray with the polishing pad. Keep the pad on top of the floss and then add a bag of Purigen on top of the p.pad-->crystal clear water....

Hey Heavy, put some filter floss in the tray with the polishing pad. Keep the pad on top of the floss and then add a bag of Purigen on top of the p.pad-->crystal clear water....

Will do sir. Ill be going to get my purigen today. Lol

OK SO I've had it running or like 3 hours with the Floss and the polishing pads. Didn't find the PURIGEN in my local pet store out of stock. But and this is the results.

I can only imagine what it will look like when I get the purigen in there.

o_O' . MIND BLOWN!!! Lol

Attachments

• image-1730067687.jpg
    image-1730067687.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 116
  • image-755409687.jpg
    image-755409687.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 101
Before picture with out the Fluval

Attachments

• image-3855295068.jpg
    image-3855295068.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 89
Before picture with out the Fluval
WOW, what a difference. Great job buddy. Another couple of hours and you'll think there's no water in there!!.
PS... When your polishing pad gets dirty, don't dump or change it. Just give it a good rinse and squeeze in old tank water. Mine is really brown but still does the job... The filter floss, you can do the same or change it.... Keep the pic's coming!!!

WOW, what a difference. Great job buddy. Another couple of hours and you'll think there's no water in there!!.
PS... When your polishing pad gets dirty, don't dump or change it. Just give it a good rinse and squeeze in old tank water. Mine is really brown but still does the job... The filter floss, you can do the same or change it.... Keep the pic's coming!!!

Thanks you boss. I owe it all to everyone who's ever commented and responded to my treads. So in say again thanks for all your input bro. N I was def. wondering if i can just rinse them and yet again you come thru with valuable info. Lol.

Thanks you boss. I owe it all to everyone who's ever commented and responded to my treads. So in say again thanks for all your input bro. N I was def. wondering if i can just rinse them and yet again you come thru with valuable info. Lol.
Your welcome. That's what this forum is all about. Helping each other out!!!. Looks like you've sorted this issue out, bring on the next!!!. Keep in touch and if ya need anything, just give me a shout. Best of luck with everything, Ian

Your welcome. That's what this forum is all about. Helping each other out!!!. Looks like you've sorted this issue out, bring on the next!!!. Keep in touch and if ya need anything, just give me a shout. Best of luck with everything, Ian

Yeah boss it's about to go down.

Attachments

• image-3929745556.jpg
    image-3929745556.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 59
Just cleaned my tank, did a water change added some pillow stuffing underneath my polishing pads and a small water change. It's a bit cloudy. 8( . Im hoping it clears up soon. Wasn't like this before the water change.

Attachments

• image-2860870554.jpg
    image-2860870554.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 61
Before water change

Attachments

• image-1514235807.jpg
    image-1514235807.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 56
Don't panic. It will be fine. Try not to do too much cleaning in one go eg, gravel vacing, glass cleaning, filter cleaning etc. This can cause a bacterial bloom!!!

I'm guilty of cleaning the glass and the HOB FILTERS. I didn't do the gravel I didn't clean out the canister. I did add the pillow stuffing to it but that about it. And of course the water change. Which was only about 10 gallons worth.

I'm guilty of cleaning the glass and the HOB FILTERS. I didn't do the gravel I didn't clean out the canister. I did add the pillow stuffing to it but that about it. And of course the water change. Which was only about 10 gallons worth.
Yeah i found out the hard way. Done the whole tank in one go, cleaned the glass, re-arranged the whole tank, gravel vac, stripped down the filters+cleaned it and finished it off with a water change... I was completly new then...excuse!! :banghead:
Ended up with a bacterial bloom, they are harmless, just not very nice to look at!!!

Back
Top Bottom