Fluval 405 for 90 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iroc_254u

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am thinking about getting rid of myUGF and tetra pf500 filter for a canister fluval405. In my opinion the tetra makes to much noise as it cycles. I have i oscar 2 irr sharks i karge pleco and red devil in the tank. Would the 405 be enough filteration alone or would my tetra and 405 without the ugf be to much. which rout should i take for a more quiet clear cleaner tank? Thank for any help

That sounds like a pretty heavy load (at least if they are all full grown it would be) I would keep the tetra and add the 405.

I am using the fluval 405 on my 90 gallon and it is great but it is a planted tank with a low bioload and weekly water changes.

I agree that the ugf can be quite noisy. And using a canister will be a big difference in the noise level but I would place the return from the new fluval in such a way that it still disturbs the surface so you get adequate oxygen exchange.

If you keep the existing tetra filter you might be able to add the new filter without much of a mini cycle.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the info. I knw it is a heavy load but the oscar is going to be going that should help lighten the load a little. Thanks. What if i went with the fluval FX5 would i be able to run just that without the tetra?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom