Fluval 406 comparing the eheim 2217 and 2215.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can get 2 306s for the price of one 406 then its a no brainer get 2 306s.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There is extra discount online on the 306 at petsmart, down to 108 each if 2 are purchased

Thats an absolute steal. Thats only £65 here..Im actually in shock £105 is the cheapest here which is around 170bucks. What price are they normally?

I wouldnt hesitate in buying 2 306s 2 306s will be better than 1 406.

Last edited:
I was told they were going to email the warehouse also. It would be 2-3 days before I got an answer.

Is there that much difference between the 05 and 06?

Which Eheim are you thinking about? I wish I could see these filters in person.

That's the one I was considering. Why do you prefer the Fluval?

I liked the idea of the media baskets for ease of maintenance. Probably doesn't matter at this point: the Eheim looks to be the best bet overall

The Eheim 2217 has baskets like the Fluval as far as I can tell. I've read several reviews on the Eheim that they leak.

Only the 2213 has baskets; the 2215 & 2217 do not. The reviews are all over the place on both units. I'd say they're both a win, depending upon individual taste.

Sorry, it was the 2075 that has the baskets. It also has a lot of bad reviews and bad customer service reports.

I guess it depends on whether you get a lemon and a bad company rep. It happens with everything.

I have seven fluval pumps and a few Aqua Clear pumps and I have only ever had a issue with the aqua clear being very noisy about a week after I purchased it. I have always been a fluval canister fan they have so many options you can add to them as far as media wise. They also have an adjustable flow. Quick release hoses. U just can't beat it. I have the 304,205,306,404,305,405x2 and everyone runs great. Never had a leak.

After sending another email to PetsMart yesterday, I received an email this morning saying that the filters are the 306 filter so I just placed an order for them.

After sending another email to PetsMart yesterday, I received an email this morning saying that the filters are the 306 filter so I just placed an order for them.

I never heard back about the 405/406 issue so I just ordered an Eheim 2217 from Ken's for $137. Hope I can figure out how to get it up and running!

The eheim2217 was the right choice as you will soon see. Youre worried now but youll be smiling after.

Its easy setup. Get everything in position and then cut the pipes so you dont cut them too short.

Back
Top Bottom