Fluval 406 question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive done research and found the answer. Yes the fluval 406 does come with media, but not enough bio balls to fill the baskets fully so buying alittle extra would be a good idea.

Ive done research and found the answer. Yes the fluval 406 does come with media, but not enough bio balls to fill the baskets fully so buying alittle extra would be a good idea.

A very good idea. You want each media basket filled. I would get filter floss as well for the top baske, really takes care of the fine particles and detritus that slips past the sponges and biomedia

I got the 206 and the first thing I did was buy more bio rings. Seems to be the way across the 06 series which all come with enough media to get started, but is truly lightly loaded on ceramic rings.

I agree with bshenanagins and I use Marineland bonded filter pad cut to size to fill my top media basket instead of using carbon. It's reasonably cheap, does a good job trapping stuff, durable, and sloshes trapped particles out nicely.

Back
Top Bottom