Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
fluval 4plus filter not filtering properly

I have a Fluval 4 plus and a 3 plus filter in a 120 gallon tank for my turtles (I only fill it with about 60-70 gallons) and when I changed the filter the sponge was only 1/3 used and dirty, the rest of the filter was still clean. The red button was up and showing that it was needing to be cleaned, also my aquarium was not staying as clean as usual. Any ideas about whats going on with my filter?

buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
You might want to go through the whole filter and clean everything out real good. I dislike internal filters for this reason. They can get clogged up inside and not do a very good job, but its hard to tell until you actually start taking them apart. Clean out the impeller real good, and anywhere else you get get a small brush.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com