Fluval aqua clear 110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishinfun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thinking of setting up a 75gal. tank any thoughts opinions comments on fluval aquaclear 110 for my tank .[emoji106] [emoji107] yay or nay

I LOVE my AC HOBs, 11 out of my 15 filters are ACs and I will be replacing the ones that aren't with ACs when needed. I like the way I can vary the media in them as needed and the fact I don't have to pull things apart to clean them. The 110 is the largest is it not? I actually run 2 70s on my larger tanks because I dont like a single flow for water circulation so doubling them up solves that issue. I've had a few noisy impellers, but most have quieted after running awhile or with a good cleaning.

Tank Filtration

Thinking of setting up a 75gal. tank any thoughts opinions comments on fluval aquaclear 110 for my tank .[emoji106] [emoji107] yay or nay

Hello fish...

The Hagen filters are good, but at $80.00 plus for one, they're pretty pricey. If you have fairly deep pockets, then those will work. I set up my 75 with some dual sponge filters and a good air pump to run them. The total was around $40.00. The sponge filters will do the same job as something more expensive, but you never need to buy replacement media. Change half the water weekly and your filters can easily go a couple of weeks or even longer between cleanings.

B

Back
Top Bottom