Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-28-2014, 01:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Fluval Aquariums

Hi all,
I'm looking to get a tank around 3-6 gallons. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the fluval aquariums such as the spec. How's the filtration? Are they worth it over just a standard 5 gallon aquarium? How's the quality with these products?

Dorm room fish keeper

Mickeybags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a fluval spec 2 gallon and was highly impressed with it. The filtration was more than adequate and silent.

mikem691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Look up Pecktec on youtube, I think he's done setups for most of the small Fluval tanks.

And in general I don't think anyone ever has anything bad to say about the quality of Fluval's stuff but sometimes there are issues when the fancy design choices collide with real world use. You just have to decide if the tradeoff is worth it to you.
Tacit Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah.. Pecktec is a Fluval truist.

This is one of his Spec setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
CCXGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:51 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
My only problem with the fluval edge which comes as a 6 or 12 is that the opening is very small. Hard to get driftwood in it. Fluval spec is awesom and the filtration system on the specs and the edges are great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

brennae is offline   Reply With Quote

aquarium, fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com