Fluval C2 stopped -- 3 months old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartcories

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I unplugged my fluval C2 filter to clean the tank as I always do. When I went to plug it back in nothing happened -- there's not even a sound that it's trying to work.

Is there anything I can do to try and get it working again?

I also am worried about keeping everything wet so I don't have a fish-filled tank that will need to recycle because all of the bacteria dies...any suggestions?

How long will the tank be ok without a filter? I do have a REALLY old 10 gallon filter that is trying to run but only managing a trickle, with that keep the fish ok in my 20 gallon tank?

Does anyone know if I go out a buy an emergency filter big enough to handle my tank is there any way to get the Hagen company to comp me for it along with the filter that isn't working?

I've jiggled just about everything I can think of. What gets me is the complete silence -- it's like the motor isn't even trying to do anything.

Yes, I've tested the outlet and it works, and I tried plugging the filter into other nearby outlets just in case.

I've jiggled just about everything I can think of. What gets me is the complete silence -- it's like the motor isn't even trying to do anything.

In most submersed pumps if the impeller cannot turn then you probably wont get a noise at all. Did you remove the impeller and make sure it's nice and clean?

If its still not working try using your old filter and call the company I'm sure they would have at least a One year warranty

Oh man... I just bought a C2 and love the filter. I hope there isn't some sort of quality issue.

Anyway, the Aqua Clears and the C2 are both made by Hagen and share the same impeller assembly. The same thing happened to my AC20 when I was doing a PWC. It was completely dead when I re-plugged everything. What I did to fix it was empty out the filter completely of media, sponge, and water. I then removed the impeller assembly and removed the impeller. I cleaned out everything as thoroughly as I could with some cotton swabs (there was a bunch of brownish gunk in there). I reinstalled everything and plugged it back (remember to fill it back with water and not run it dry). To my delight, it started right back up!!!! Give it a shot, hope it works!

Back
Top Bottom