Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fluval C3 drip tray media question

Okay so I just got my fluval c3 and I have it along side my established bio wheel filter . I'm planning in the process of removing my current substrate large gravel .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3143346712.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	177482

I want the best bio media possoble in my tray it came with ceramic pieces which I know are good but my substrate should have established BB on it correct ? Which is why I wanted to see if I could use some of my substrate mixed with the white bio bits it came with ? I was thinking this would help it grow and spread the the white stuff quicker ? Or should I Just use these rocks ? They are smooth so I'm not sure they will hold as much bio material as the clay? I want to eventually get bio balls but i don't know much about bacteria to be honest .

Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickriley2010 View Post
Okay so I just got my fluval c3 and I have it along side my established bio wheel filter . I'm planning in the process of removing my current substrate large gravel .

Attachment 177482

I want the best bio media possoble in my tray it came with ceramic pieces which I know are good but my substrate should have established BB on it correct ? Which is why I wanted to see if I could use some of my substrate mixed with the white bio bits it came with ? I was thinking this would help it grow and spread the the white stuff quicker ? Or should I Just use these rocks ? They are smooth so I'm not sure they will hold as much bio material as the clay? I want to eventually get bio balls but i don't know much about bacteria to be honest .
Have a look into Seachem Matrix. You could mix some of the rocks with it. Leave the two filters running together for a few weeks.....

Old 06-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Have a look into Seachem Matrix. You could mix some of the rocks with it. Leave the two filters running together for a few weeks.....
Ya that's what figured to get the BB to grow on the new filter so I can cycle my other tank quicker

Tags
drip, fluval, fluval c3, media, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com