Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-13-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fluval C3 Filter humming but not filtering water

I just turned off all my equipment (including the filter) for my routine cleaning. When I turned it back on and my filter wouldn't run water. It's humming so I know it's getting power. I plugged it into different outlets but no luck. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

sc166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Sometimes when they're off long enough, filters need to be primed. Just fill the filter compartments with water using a cup, etc. If that doesn't get it going, could be something else, like a large clog or it may just be time for a new filter. But the fact that it's humming makes me think it just needs primed.

3g betta, 29g molly, 90g Amer cichlid, 90g community, 137g African cichlid, 220g water garden, 6,500g koi pond
Cecibella123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Mine do that at times . Just take out the up lift tube and use a wooden skewer , Q tip , or something like that and give the impeller a little push . Should take right off .
We are meant to be the stewards of the Earth and her creatures....not the masters.
Leeatl is offline   Reply With Quote

ate, filter, fluval, val, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com