Fluval C4 -Ceramic Media vs Factory C-Nodes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul1792

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd like to gradually switch out the factory C-Nodes in the bio media trays in my two Fluval C3's on my 38 gallon tank for ceramic media. The C-Nodes tend to "dissolve" over time and the pores tend to clog.

Specifically, I'd like to use the Fluval Bio Max Ceramic Rings (made for cannisters):

Amazon.com : Fluval Biomax Bio Rings - 500 grams/17.63 ounces : Aquarium Filter Accessories : Pet Supplies

Has anyone tried this? Are they small enough to fit into the tray like the C-Nodes do?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Note: I have some Seachem Matrix and many of the "rocks" are to big in size to fit into the tray.

That's what's in mine.. better yet.. just get a jar of seachem matrix. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's what's in mine.. better yet.. just get a jar of seachem matrix. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thanks ... I am going to place an order for some of the Fluval ceramic rings indicated above.

BTW: I still have about a third of "jar" of Seachem Matrix and there is some of it in both my C3's, the chemical chamber of my C4 (along with 2 Purigens), and a bag of it in my AC50. Problem is the size of many of the "rocks" is just too big for the C3 tray to get maximum surface area and I had to pick out only "smaller rocks" to add to the factory C-Nodes.

Back
Top Bottom