Fluval C4 loud!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I returned my Fluval C3 and bought the C4 and it's louder than the C3 was! I even lubed it with Super Lube Synthetic Grease. The intake tube is sitting properly in it and I unplugged and plugged it back in 4 times and that did nothing. What is up? Will this noise go away?

My C3 got noticeably quieter after a few days. Also make sure the motor housing is seated correctly, it twists and locks in place.

For what it's worth, one of my two C3's had a very annoying noisy rattle for about three weeks and then it disappeared !!!!!!!

Right now both my C3's are virtually silent.

My C4 is very quiet but not silent .... all I hear is a very quiet hum which I assume is the motor. It makes no annoying sounds such as rattle of the impeller.

I have 2 A.C. 110's on my 120 display tank. Both were loud for several weeks until the inside components had time to gunk up.
With fluval hob filters you have to make sure the lid is firmly attached and the intake tube is pushed securely in its housing. Otherwise they vibrate.
Once you understand the filters little quarks, they are very good.

Back
Top Bottom