Fluval C4 Motor Grinding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommachef

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a C4 that's been used a few days now, and it's been quiet and now all of a sudden the motor is grinding(sounds like my aqueon if it was running dry). I've ripped the entire thing apart and cleaned it, put it back together, and it's still doing it. Every once in a while it stops and i get excited thinking it's done, then it starts again. The motor isn't hot to touch like it's working hard or anything, it's just grinding. Any ideas how I can fix it? Or is it something that might work itself out?

I have a C4 that's been used a few days now, and it's been quiet and now all of a sudden the motor is grinding(sounds like my aqueon if it was running dry). I've ripped the entire thing apart and cleaned it, put it back together, and it's still doing it. Every once in a while it stops and i get excited thinking it's done, then it starts again. The motor isn't hot to touch like it's working hard or anything, it's just grinding. Any ideas how I can fix it? Or is it something that might work itself out?
Have you tried putting some Vaseline on the impella and the shaft???

Didn't know I could do that! I don't have any but i'll have to go get some tomorrow and maybe try it.

It could be a tiny bit of sand(if you have any) or a piece of dirt. Give the impella a good wash in very warm water and then apply the Vaseline. You can be quite liberal with it. Work it into any 'joins' on the impella. I'm certain this should solve the issue for you....

Thanks, I'll do that first thing tomorrow. I'm going to rinse it out real good again tonight and hope maybe that'll solve it for now.

Back
Top Bottom