Fluval Canister Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Santa might bring me a Fluval Canister, depending on his financial situation this Christmas, which isn't too good.

What Fluval Canister Filter (sold at LFS or only online) is good for a 10g? I currently run an Aquaclear 150.

The 105 is not enough and the 205 is too much.

Ideas?

Thanks,

QP

Edited to add something

The 105 is more than adequate for a 10 gallon. That's actually a lot of filtration for a 10 gallon IMO. Should be a nice addition. Flow rates on canisters don't necessarily match up to HOB flow rates, IMO, because canisters are more efficient at doing what they do. A 105 would be a generous gift from Santa. ;)

*edit* Fluvals are super quiet and reliable. You'll love the switch to the canister, if Santa's budget allows.

Last edited:
Thank for the advice!

How many GPH is the 105?

Also, I'm concerned about the output. The AC150 is already pretty strong, will the Fluval be moreso?

I'm intimidated and scared of Fluval 05's right now, lol.

I keep hearing horror stories where the 0-ring fails and they flood rooms, and stuff like that.

:(

Thank for the advice!

How many GPH is the 105?

Also, I'm concerned about the output. The AC150 is already pretty strong, will the Fluval be moreso?
I believe it's 85 GPH. That's a good amount of flow for a 10 gallon even though it is less than the Aquaclear.

I keep hearing horror stories where the 0-ring fails and they flood rooms, and stuff like that.

I've used a 204, multiple 304's, and a 405, all several years old, and I've never had any trouble with them.

I've not heard of any problems like that. BUT I do inspect to make sure the o ring is seated everytime I have the top off. Seems to be logical to me to check that sort of thing when pulling the two pieces apart.

Due diligence on one's part should take of this issue. Like any other piece of equipment, proper maintenance and inspection and it'll last you years.

Back
Top Bottom