Fluval Canister Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrownfl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased two Fluval 205s to run on a new 55 gallon freshwater setup. How the **** do you get the outflow nozzles to stay down just UNDER the surface of the water so they'll be quiet? It sounds like a waterfall in my room now! I'm used to Filstar XPs with a spray bar that I can control, but these darned things have a mind of their own.

Any suggestions?

The intake and output hoses both have retaining clips as the hoses come over the top of tank, along with suction cups. I would re-read the directions again, and lower the hoses in the water.

Thanks. They are clipped on fine, and the hoses stay in place, I just can't seem to keep the nozzles DOWN where I want them. The surface agitation is great, but noisy. I'm going to try adding a little more water, and then I'll have to start getting creative.

Adjust it so there is more hose in the tank (redo the hose so there is more hose/slack inside the tank).

I cut the return nozzle so it just turn once, no 180 (for no reason I can think of). This keeps the output much lower.

Adjust it so there is more hose in the tank (redo the hose so there is more hose/slack inside the tank).

Many thanks! That right there was the trick. A bit more hose in the tank, and things are whisper quiet.

Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom