Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fluval E50 Heater Problem

Hi, I`ve recently bought a Fluval E50 heater for my aquarium. I have followed the instruction manual and placed the heater submersed and next to the filter. I have had this running for almost a week now and the temp has been unable to rise above 22 Degrees.

I read on another forum that someone having a similar problem
operated the heater without the guard and found that the desired temp was then reached. My concern is that the heater guard must be there for a reason, to protect the fish or the user. Is it safe to remove the heating guard and operate without it?

Any similar experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gogs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Lucky Guy!
I worked for them. The e heater is to weak for the be use with 3W per gallon as usual or use with the nomber of gallons That they indicate on the product.

When it is not strong enough, Call the customer services and they Will send you a second one!(depend on your case, they'll ask question before but they're great with claims usualy.

The protector is there to protect the heater from fish!! Some poeple has big fish!! Like me!
If you remove the protection it Will be ok.

MonsterfishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for that. l`ll give it a go!
Gogs84 is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, eater, fluval, heater, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com