Fluval edge + rust = :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankescape

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anybody had any rust problems with the fluval edge top cover. You think they would put a better coating on this fancy metal screen that's in constant contact with humidity. Disappointed.

image-738396739.jpg

Not yet. Mine is only about 7 months old though. I would imagine there should be a good DIY solution for this.

That's about how old mine is. I'm a professional painter by trade... but not too sure if I should spray it with enamel. I might spray it and set it aside for a few days to let the paint fully cure. My worry is that condensation may build up on the painted screen and drip back into the tank. I'm probably worrying a little too much about it, a replacement is about 45 including shipping. What do you have in your edge ? Do you like it ?

I have the 12 gallon version. Right now I have a young trio of German Blue Rams and 4 neon tetra. There are also probably about 10 cherry shrimp left in there. I think the Rams are picking them off slowly. It's a beautiful tank and everything has been going well with it. The Rams have laid eggs 2x so far. Maintenance is slightly more work. The one thing I find really annoying is trying to catch fish. There just isn't any room in there to maneuver a fish net.

That sounds like a wonderful set up. Blue rams are beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom