Fluval f60 evapouration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenamurray7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just set up tank with a fluval 206 external filter. Seem to be losing a lot of water through evaporation, does anyone else have the same issue? This is my first tank that does not a a lid so wondering if this is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just set up tank with a fluval 206 external filter. Seem to be losing a lot of water through evaporation, does anyone else have the same issue? This is my first tank that does not a a lid so wondering if this is normal.

I've been running Fluval canisters for many years. A 205, 206, 305, 306, and 406 and can say that any evaporation I've seen is not a result of the filter. What I would ask is:
Your location
Relative outside/inside temp
Your humidity level
Is your tank covered
What type (full glass, canopy, plastic hood, combination of, etc)
What is your tank temp
How long has it been running
What is your WC schedule
What type of water (well, city)
What are your current parameters
What test kit do you use
Over what time frame do you notice the evaporation and how much is evaporating

As I said above, I've never noticed this with a Fluval but have never run any other canister. I do have some HOB's but don't notice it then either.
I'll admit that it's possibly my WC schedule that prevent me from noticing and loss of tank water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Thanks for reply, this tank only been going for 2 weeks, temp is 24 degrees, doesn't have a Lid which I'm not used to,so thinking this is why losing water to evaporation

Back
Top Bottom