Fluval FX 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just purchased the Fluval FX5! Very easy set up and does that baby move water! I hope my cichlids like a lot of water movement, LOL. It's quite the machine, very easy to operate and quiet thank goodness. It really does create bubbles though. We'll have to see how the fish like the added water movement.

Are you using the venturi for the bubbles? If not, then the bubbles is only temporary til the filter cycles all the air out of the system. Hope they like the current too... :)

LOL already the bubbles are disappating. Thank goodness. It has an auto shut off daily to make sure no air gets trapped in the filter. When I first installed it, it runs for 2 mins , shuts off for 2 mins to burp itself. That was a serious burp, it scared my cats. LOL.

No not using the venturi for bubbles.

Yes it's on the 125, I had 3 cannisters running due to the heavy bioload, now I am running this FX5 and a fluval 404. And the bonus is I have 2 cannisters that need tanks now, LMAO. Like I have any more room!

So far it is working fairly well, although just barely 12 hours into it. LOL, I'll keep you all updated.

The current online price I'm seeing is $274.74 and that's at an auction site (no other listings so far).. What kinda deal did you get on this thing??? 8O

i paid $280au, but that was cost, retail they are going for about $450! Great filter,Great flow and clean crystal clear water! Read other FX5 forum for my little problem.

Back
Top Bottom