Fluval fx5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elitehunter1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I'm having an issue with a Fluval fx5 filter. I purchased it used with along with a 125 gallon set up, where it was working fine.

So I filled the tank once I got it home, the water was pretty sandy, because it hadn't settled. Also I didn't have enough water in the filter when I started it. So I turned it on and I heard it running, but it wasn't moving water (I'm assuming because it didn't have enough water). So after about 10 minutes it was not running anymore. I removed it, cleaned all the sand out, and filled it with the appropriate amount of water. I put it back together and turn it on, and now I can't even hear that's it's running.

Is there a fuse, or reset switch? Or something that can be recommended to replace or troubleshoot?

Thanks!

I have a fluval FX5, there is no reset switch, however whenever I have gotten sand in it, I have to make sure I get all the sand out. Are you filling it all the way before turning it on? I find that having it full of water is the only way it runs.

Sure did! Pulled the motor apart, plugged it in and boom! Works like a charm now!

Back
Top Bottom