Fluval fx5 help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vonnie89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed about half an hour ago that my fx5 wasnt making any noise and nothing was coming out of the output hose... I just figured it was doing its 2minute air purge thing so i went and sat down for dinner. When i checked back the filter was still not working so i unplugged it at the point and plugged it back in and it started up again... strange... has this happened to anyone else?

I know your aware of the two shutdown but did you wait the entire 2 minutes before it wouldn't restart? I'm running 3Fx5's all my modified lids since everyone was blowing microbubbles and the only media is Biomax on all three trays. This has been my only issue for over 3 years with them. Good luck and let us now if find a problem.

I Left a good 15 minutes or so in between checking... It's working now without issue though. Odd.

Turns out there were two little snails caught in the impeller!! How do I get these buggers out of my filter before this happens again?

Back
Top Bottom