Fluval FX5 issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozmo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am in the middle of setting up my new Fluval FX5 and I have run into a slight snag with the hose positioning.

If you take a look at the photos below you can see I have a slight loop occurring on the intake. In the manual for the FX5 it states there should be no loops at all.

Do you think this will be an issue?

Cheers,
ozmo

Attachments

• image-3435089709.jpg
    image-3435089709.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2169523924.jpg
    image-2169523924.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 98
Oh wow ... congrats on the FX5 ... I hear they're awesome. Although I don't have one, it's not too much of a droop. Hopefully someone that has one can better comment. I would think when they say no loops the figure either letting it droop to the floor to then up to the tank, or actually having the hoses form a loop ... IMO

i dont think it will be an issue. jcolon is correct to much of a drastic loop will will matter. I have one and it sits almost like yourrs.

Thanks guys. The LFS also agreed that this won't be an issue. Now to finish it off :)

I have used them without issue with a more severe dip than that.

Be aware that you can setup the FX5 empty after maintenance. When you hook up the tubing and open the valves again the water in the tubing will fall to the canister and start siphoning to fill it. This will require a top of to the aquarium because of the size of this filter, but it is an easier way on your back to get it going after cleaning.

My fluval 205 also has a loop similar to yours. I haven't had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom