Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

hahha!

Thanks guys!
I am really surprised that plain agitating the surface without causing any airbubbles is enough to supply my fish with air, but hey! GOOD NEWS!
Thank you, guys!

Old 05-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChillin, the quick study
Menagerie gives me much too much credit.
Sometimes I forget JC got some of his first somewhat sarcastic fish advice from me

Quote:
I am really surprised that plain agitating the surface without causing any airbubbles is enough to supply my fish with air, but hey! GOOD NEWS!
It is good news--and you will soon be out of the tropical forest environment. If the lights on my 80 gallon were working, I would be able to show you how much surface agitation can occur by angling the spray bar up, but the pics didn't come out and now all the fish want to be fed.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hahah!

Menagerie, I would really appreciate if you could post a picture since I dont know how severe the agitation needs to be.

I will get two Spray bars for my two 404's this week. The FX5 wont be in for a couple of more weeks. That way I can familiarize myself with that setup. And if you could make a photo available as a guideline for me, that would be absolutely great.

But if you cannot I totally understand, just to sum it up: thank you sooo much, your advice and willingness to help is exemplary!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I'll try tomorrow morning when that tank gets lots of sunlight.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:04 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have an FX5, i'm not too sure about the 404 but the FX5 has huge piping and output!
I dont think the spray bar will work on the fx. the fx is supplied with a splitter on the outlet and is also independantly multi directional. I point it at the surface and it gives great aggitation. I say wait till you get the FX5 and go from there.

I run air on all my tanks. seems to keep them fresher (not as much smell), does that sound stupid?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I dont think the spray bar will work on the fx. the fx is supplied with a splitter on the outlet and is also independantly multi directional. I point it at the surface and it gives great aggitation.
This sounds like what I use on my 29 gallon tank and it works as well as a spray bar.

Quote:
I run air on all my tanks. seems to keep them fresher (not as much smell), does that sound stupid?
You should find out where the smell is coming from. Some members describe their tanks as smelling "earthy" (they don't mind) but I have never had a smell issue with my tanks.

This is looking down into the tank--spray bar is on the right.

Looking up

This is looking up from the opposite side of the tank and the spray bar is on the left.

As you can see, there is plenty of surface agitation! And I need to thank my fish for not getting in the way this morning~algea wafers on the other side of the tank helped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGoetz
thank you sooo much, your advice and willingness to help is exemplary!
You are welcome; I think you will find many members of AA willing to take an extra step for their fellow aquarist.

Tags
bio, eel, fluval, fluval fx5, fx5, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com