Fluval FX5 not working!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PontiacFan87

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my fluval FX5 just stopped working. Its almost like its in its 2 minute shut down mode to evacuate air bubbles, but its been off for almost a day. Has anyone else had this problem before? I am going to start pulling it apart to clean it now and see if that helps, but if anyone else has any other ideas/suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

No, nothing out of ordinary happened. Never got louder, I have a auto top off system so water level never drops.

Hmm. Anything inside of it that may have caused it to jam? If not the motor may have just crapped out on ya.

The instructions tell you to pull the motor off and clean periodically for this reason. Probably just dirty. Only 3 or 4 screws and pops right off. Too bad it's been sitting a day now, gonna have to re cycle likely.

Well its working again. Just pulled the motor out and gave it a good rinse out along with the actual canister too. Must have just been clogged

Back
Top Bottom