Fluval FX6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It brakes down waste better because it has much more bio media that the fx

The fx is just full of mech media which will stop dirt passing throw but it clogs up fast

Like I said I have use both to I know which is better

Most of the people who think fx is great have never used a 2080

The fx is just full of mech media which will stop dirt passing throw but it clogs up fast

What exactly do you consider fast?

I clean my fx5 once a month. Have never noticed it clog up or even a reduction in flow.

I guess if you are only maintaining it 2 times a year.. Yeah it's gonna have problems.

Are you talking about ammonia or nitrites when you say waste? That is what bio media does. Nothing breaks down the physical waste that is in your filter. It needs cleaned regularly to prevent buildup.

The waste is in your filter your right

Every time you clean your filter you lose some of the good bacteria FACT

By having to clean a fx5 once per month as stated above just when the bacteria if getting to its peak after one month you are needing to wash the good stuff away

That's if you know how the cycle works

The fluval fan boys will always stick to there guns and say the fx5 is the best thing since sliced bread but if the truth be known most of them have never used a eheim so they never see the bad sides of the fx5

READ THE LINK I POSTED that will give you the fact

I run a 6x2x2 sump now which turns over 66,000 lph so I don't care which is better fx5 or 2080

I just hate it when the fx5 fan boys never have a open mind when most of them have NOTHING to compare it with

Like I said I have used both and the fx5 is RUBBISH that's my opinion which I am entitled to

END OF RANT

Fact?

The FACT.. Is... You can buy 2 fx5's for the price of the eheim...

Even the artical states at the end, he CAN'T honestly say its two times better... Period. I'd buy two fx5's to run on my tank before the one eheim.

And please elaborate how if I rinse out my pad in old tank water once a month I lose bb. I have been cleaning filters/pads like this for 20 years and I have never noticed spikes of any kind.

It's called routine maintenance... It's something people do to prevent "gunk" or build up. With proper care of our equipment hopefully we won't run into the problems of replacing parts.

I'm no fanboy I know statistically the 2080 is better... That's cool. I'm practical. I'd rather have two of the fx5's is all.

As far as the title. The fx6 is a complete joke nobs and 10% reduction in electricity... And it's on amazon right now for 400$...

I got my newest fx5 back in dec for about 220$.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all need to just take it back and stop the bickering. Your end up getting the thread closed and that's not gonna help anyone.

Fact?

The FACT.. Is... You can buy 2 fx5's for the price of the eheim...

Even the artical states at the end, he CAN'T honestly say its two times better... Period. I'd buy two fx5's to run on my tank before the one eheim.

And please elaborate how if I rinse out my pad in old tank water once a month I lose bb. I have been cleaning filters/pads like this for 20 years and I have never noticed spikes of any kind.

It's called routine maintenance... It's something people do to prevent "gunk" or build up. With proper care of our equipment hopefully we won't run into the problems of replacing parts.

I'm no fanboy I know statistically the 2080 is better... That's cool. I'm practical. I'd rather have two of the fx5's is all.

As far as the title. The fx6 is a complete joke nobs and 10% reduction in electricity... And it's on amazon right now for 400$...

I got my newest fx5 back in dec for about 220$.

So its all about price at the end of the day

You cheapest out on the fx5 so you will never know the benefits of a well made and designed filter looks or runs like

Even fluval have seen faults with the fx5 buy bring out the fx6

The filter is probably the most important bit of kit you will ever buy for your tank its the kidney of your system

If the only thing that draws you to the fx5 is price that is your choice.

Until you have owned and run both I don't think you are in any position to past comment on the two as you can only see it from the fluval point of veiw

You are a fx5 fan boy to the end you can bare to have a bad word said about

You need to be a bit more open minded and take other people opinions and it experiences on board its not all about you

Last edited by a moderator:
This a warning to keep it on topic and stop any personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, agree to disagree and BE NICE! This thread will be locked if there is any further personal attacks.

The fx 5 is the best bit of kit ever made in the history of filtration

I have jus four little numbers to add eheim 2262

That's probably a filter the fluval can boys don't wont mentioned as it wipes the floor with the fx5

If you just answer a few ?s I will leave it

1. Is the fx5 the first and only big filter you have owned

2. How long have you been keeping a large tank with a fx5 running

3. What type of fish do you keep in the tank with the fx5

Aparently it's one 300 tank with 17 jardini's 8 dats... And 1 flag tail... I'm no expert or nothing... But I'm glad after years of ehime I decided on a sump...

I forgot a three hundo.. Is the largest tank I own...

Aparently it's one 300 tank with 17 jardini's 8 dats... And 1 flag tail... I'm no expert or nothing... But I'm glad after years of ehime I decided on a sump...

I forgot a three hundo.. Is the largest tank I own...

You know so much about fish that you should know they are ASIAN Arowana not jardini

The fish was grown on in that tank and now live in my 1000 gal tank

What fish do you keep in what size tank

And have you owned any other large filter to compare the fx5 to

This is my tank and setup now I have been keeping large fish for over 25 years and used most bits of high end filter on the market so unless you have done the same I don't think you are in a position to comment do you

image-3131823858.jpg

image-3935460206.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom