Fluval Fx6 media options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HabsFan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a fluval fx6 and just wanted to make sure I have the media in the correct trays.

The top tray I have the black bio foam pad that came with it.

The middle tray (technically 2 trays as it splits them) I have the bio max media that came with it.

The bottom tray I have a blue fine filter polishing pad that I bought. On top of that I have purigen and some more bio max media that I bought.

The black carbon pad that came with it I'm not using.

Is this a sufficient setup?

Sounds alright to me. Although, I never seen the problem with running carbon.

Thanks! I had to remove the carbon to treat for ich and just left it out. Seems like mixed opinions on running carbon. I am using it on my 20 and 40 gallon tanks with aquaclear hobs. Though I don't change it out as often as I should, don't really have anything against it.

I'll run without it for a month on the fx6 and can always put a new one in on the next cleaning. It can certainly has plenty of room.

Ahh, gotcha. Ya a lot of people don't see the need to run carbon unless they're trying to remove meds or toxins from the water. For me, outside of these two things, I haven't seen carbon create any adverse effects to my fish or plants.

Back
Top Bottom