Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Fluval G Series filters

Has anyone here tried on of these?

I keep wanting to but they seem pointlessly expensive.

dalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have looked at these but water and advanced electronics seems like a bad combination. Add the price to that and it just seems like more stuff to break for twice the price. Unless you have an unlimited budget.

mikem691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought my husband a G3 a year ago last March for his mbuna tank. He loves it, but he loves all things with gadgets, gimmicks, bells and whistles.
It filters beautifully.
I dislike it because of the all the alert lights are distracting and seem to go off at the slightest change, no matter how minute. Also, the internal fine micron filter fills up with gunk very quickly and slows down the flow.
With that said, it is also the easiest canister filter for cleaning, and we have a large variety of them, including the FX5, smaller fluval connisters, several different sizes of Ehiem, classics and echos, some of those knockoff aquatops, a rena, and 2 hot magnums.
mudraker is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, filters, fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com