Fluval G6 External Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have one, but have read many reviews on the G series and they're all good. But for the price, it better be lol.

I'm interested to see what others have to say about it :D.

You can spend a whole lot less for the same result IMO... filtration in and of itself is not a complicated process and you don't need all that computerized stuff. That said, it's a pretty cool gadget. :)

You can spend a whole lot less for the same result IMO... filtration in and of itself is not a complicated process and you don't need all that computerized stuff. That said, it's a pretty cool gadget. :)

I have got one running on my Studio 600 aquarium not having to drag the whole filter to the sink to clean everything is excellent just open the top pull out the mechanical media rinse under tap and place right back in thats it the Tri Ex chemical media has lowered my nitrate to nill and the phosphate to barely noticable,I tested my tap water and the phosphate reading was off the scale but the Tri Ex reduced it.After saying all this I have had trouble with rattling and phone calls to Hagen I was told to pull the priming mechanism apart and use cooking oil around the seal which made no difference so I cleaned the impaller and this seemed to work I hope this has fixed it.:(

I have got one running on my Studio 600 aquarium not having to drag the whole filter to the sink to clean everything is excellent just open the top pull out the mechanical media rinse under tap and place right back in thats it the Tri Ex chemical media has lowered my nitrate to nill and the phosphate to barely noticable,I tested my tap water and the phosphate reading was off the scale but the Tri Ex reduced it.After saying all this I have had trouble with rattling and phone calls to Hagen I was told to pull the priming mechanism apart and use cooking oil around the seal which made no difference so I cleaned the impaller and this seemed to work I hope this has fixed it.:(

I have only had it 2 weeks.

I'd suggest not rinsing your filter media in tap water, as it will kill all the bacteria every time you do. It's best to do a good rinsing in used tank water from a PWC.

It's not something I would recommend, but the tap water isn't going to nuke your bio filter on contact. I've rinsed canister media in tap water many, many times.

Back
Top Bottom