Fluval intake parts question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beeritself

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just acquired a Fluval 306 and a 406, the problem is, the background of my tank is black and the white intake stem and strainer look terrible. I not having any luck finding black parts to order. Does anyone know where I might find some?

Did you try eBay?
When I briefly owned a 206 (i returned it), I found the stark white color annoying. The clear intake stem was not too bad. If I had kept the 206, I would have swapped out the tubing with clear vinyl 5/8" ID* tubing and ordered generic black canister filter intake and output from Amazon. Not sure if the the ribbed tubing works well with non-Fluval fittings.
One thing I am not certain about is the necessity of the ball check valve; might be necessary for priming.
*pretty sure it is 5/8" ID tubing

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Use Krylon Fusion to paint them to match your background. Safe and works perfect.

My 46 gallon bow front tank has a black background. I also have the Fluval 306, and 406. The clearish/white intake tubes, and outlet spouts don't bother me at all. Of course, I didn't start this thread either.

Try looking for 305/405 parts. They are grey/black instead.
Some LFS probably have some old new stock

Back
Top Bottom