Fluval LED Bluetooth Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skrapeNKA

Aquarium Advice Freak
Fluval updated their FluvalSmart app that controls the newer bluetooth series lights and has added the ability to set multiple photo periods (finally:eek:). I did have to update the firmware on the light from inside the FluvalSmart app by selecting my light and clicking the little cloud button in the upper right of the screen. It took a couple of minutes but once I did that it added the updated features (pro mode to set multiple photo periods and a night period for the basic programmable mode).

Beware that updating your light wipes your current program settings so write those down first or you'll be left guessing what you had it set to like me:ROFLMAO:

It's been a great light so far, it would probably pair up well with a small planted tank that's getting CO2 and ferts. I've got the intensity at 20-30% on all the color channels for my setup (5g planted w/small internal filter). The only issue I've run into is when power is cut to the light, it defaults to midnight when it comes back online. The clock corrects automatically when you access it with the app, though. Not a big deal as I'm on a stable grid but it could a problem for others.

Back
Top Bottom