Fluval M Series Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bschowa

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi, i had two questions about this heater. i purchaced it online the other day and it was supposed to be submersible, but on the heater is says do not emerse beyond this point? is this heater truely submersible?

also when i put my heater in the tank in order for me to be able to get my tank water to be 78* i need the heater to be set at 72* is there a way to adjust the heater to get it to say 78* when the water is 78*? so i guess what i am saying is the top of my heater is lying about the temperature that it is putting out. is there a way to fix that?

on other heaters you can pull on the adjustment thing and it pops out and spins freely so you can adjust it but i cant seem to do that on this one

You can submerge it no problem. Mine has been submerged for months and its a great heater. I have my heater set to the max and it gives me 80 degrees. Get a thermometer and adjust according to that. Depending on tank size and flow, you may have to set the temp higher to achieve your desired temp

yea, i can tell what my actual temp is but one would think that if a heater has numbers on the top you should be able to adjust it so that it heats to that number. :(

hopefully we will both find out how to adjust it!

thanks for the info on submerging it, i will do that now :) that will be much easier than keeping it sticking out of the tank

after contacting Fluval they gave me no information what so ever and said that i should send it in and they would fix it or send me a new one.... well that doesnt help to heat my tank at this point so i did a little experimenting and found out how to fix it!

figure out what temp your tank is and unplug your heater. while your heater is unpluged set the temp of your heater to what the tank water is. then wait aprox 15 min and plug your heater back in.

this fixed mine and now my heater is set at 78* and my heater shuts off when my tank reaches 78*
it has been in sync for aprox 8 hours now so im pretty set that it is now fixed

hopefully this works for you and anyone else out there with this problem

I would not submerse the heater beyond the point that it says to. There is a reason the put the max line on there.

i wrote to Fluval and they said that there was a typo, the heaters are completely submersible. 100% no problems will be caused

Elaine Boyce (Hagen Customer Service Rep) 12/2/2011
Dear Brent

We thank you for taking the time to contact us.

The heater is totally submersible, cord and all.

Back
Top Bottom