Fluval MSF 404

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Floyd1976

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I am not sure if you get these in the USA, so I am hoping you know what I am talking about.

It is my extenal filter/pump. I have a question about the outlet valve (power head). Should this be above or below water level?
The manual says to have it above water level whilst starting the pump, but then says nothing else about it. when above, the water noise is very loud, too loud. Below and it is silent an creates a nice 'flow'.

Any advice would be appreciated as normal!!

Cheers

Mark

Interesting. I thought the only mention was regarding the hoses being above water level. I've had the entire canister below water level since I set it up and never had a problem.

Take a look at "my tanks" pics, there's a pic of when it was first installed.

Sorry, I meant the output valve/power head, not the actual cannister itself. That sits under the tank in a cupboard.

In your pic of the half full tank, showing the flow, how much water did you then fill the tank up with? Does the water level cover the power head?

Another question... :D

I have just turned on my skimmer. They are pretty noisy arent they!! Kind of a buzzing/humming sound, but pretty loud

Cheers

Mark

what type or brand of skimmer? most skimmer run noisy in the beggining until they "break in". so give it a few weeks.

pelochas said:
what type or brand of skimmer? most skimmer run noisy in the beggining until they "break in". so give it a few weeks.

Its a Deltec MCE600.... does that help????

Mr_Floyd1976 said:
Sorry, I meant the output valve/power head, not the actual cannister itself. That sits under the tank in a cupboard.

In your pic of the half full tank, showing the flow, how much water did you then fill the tank up with? Does the water level cover the power head?

I completely filled the tank. The output is beneath the water line.

it will run fine below the water line... mine did. I have moved it above the water line temporarily until I get a replacement for my seacrap 100 that I broke while trying to modify it. :?

Back
Top Bottom