Fluval u2 not working. Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I turned my filter off to do a water change, took the filter out of the tank and rinsed the pads in tank water. I put the filter back in and plugged it in and it's stopped working :/ I've tried taking everything out and cleaning it again, I've tried it with filter media on one side, then the other, no filter media, no media brackets. It only worked once when I had no filter media in the filter, but this didn't work when I tried it again. There are no cracks or anything in the impeller.what could be wrong with it? Hope someone can help! I've stuffed the filter media into a spare filter, but I could do without having to go through a cycle again :/

Have you checked the electrical socket and the fuse in the plug? Sounds simple but you never know...

Scottishnewbie said:
Have you checked the electrical socket and the fuse in the plug? Sounds simple but you never know...

It's not the plug socket, but I didn't think to check the fuse because it worked that once and then stopped. I'll try that in a minute.

Thought I'd give it one more try this morning before checking the fuse, and it worked! So I don't know what happened with it before. Hope it doesn't do this at every water change! :/

Back
Top Bottom