Fluval u3 or u4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

avcc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i was wondering if any one here has a fluval u3 or u4 filter? If so it says to change the carbon filters every 2 weeks. Do i have to or can i reuse them? And also can they be removed altogether?
Thank u in advanced for any advice.

Well thanks for your help everyone! 2nd time posting as well. Looks like ill have to find out from some where else :(

Replace 1 poly/carbon cartridge every 2 weeks. Replace alternate foam pads every 3 to 6 months. Replace 1/2 quantity of BIOMAX nodes every 5 to 6 months. Clean Impeller and Impeller well every 4 months. Replace impeller yearly for optimal performance and to prevent wearing. Clean filter body 1 time per year.

Once the carbon is gone it's gone, you can rinse it but it will not really benefit your tank. Good Luck

I have the U2 and I hold back with replacing the poly/carbon, as they say every 2 weeks, I normally give it a good rinising in the tank water Ive syphoned off. But other than that, like hdultra said, thats the way to do it. Ofcourse its good to have the stuff in stock but I feel these manaufacturers want to even more money out of a person.

thank u both for your replies, i searched on google for some answers and it said i can take them out completely and i can put filter wool in its place so im gonna do that then replace one side everytime i clean it. i also read the sponges only really need to be changed wen they are nearly falling apart.

hdultra your really only saying what the box says but i know that companys that make these items say to change them that often to get more money from you and i have seen a thread on this site talking about a different filter saying u dont need to change the sponges as much as they say thats why i thought id ask if anyone had one and what they do.
warthog76za i agree i havent changed them like they say but i thought it was a good idea to find out if i can remove them as they r only really needed for removing meds n that. and other people have said to replace them with filter wool so ive brought a 5m roll off ebay so i can cut it to size and ill have plenty to last me a while. the best thing it only cost me £6.50 :)

anyway thank u both again for your replies.

Back
Top Bottom