Fluval u4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all, has anybody used the fluval u series? I really like the idea of an internal filter that i can hide with rocks. I want it for my 20 gal Saltwater tank. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

I don't think I would pick an internal filter for a sw tank. Too much gunk and salt can get in there. I'd go for a nice aquaclear 50, thats what I run on my 20g. :)

Just my opinion though! lol

carey said:
I don't think I would pick an internal filter for a sw tank. Too much gunk and salt can get in there. I'd go for a nice aquaclear 50, thats what I run on my 20g. :)

Just my opinion though! lol

I just want somethin cheap and clean looking.

I have used a few aquaclears on several of my tanks. always a great filter. Plus you can add whatever media you want in case you need to run carbon or GFO for phosphates. Highly recommend them. :)

carey said:
I have used a few aquaclears on several of my tanks. always a great filter. Plus you can add whatever media you want in case you need to run carbon or GFO for phosphates. Highly recommend them. :)

Ok. Cool. Should i put my skimmer on my 55? Its a fowlr but ive been having algae problems but i dont know much about skimmers do i need it? Should i sell it and get an aquaclear 50 and a power head with what i sell it for?

If the skimmer works I wouldnt sell it, you can use it on the 55g if you like. I have a 90g fowlr and I'm running a skimmer. Great item to have. :)

carey said:
If the skimmer works I wouldnt sell it, you can use it on the 55g if you like. I have a 90g fowlr and I'm running a skimmer. Great item to have. :)

What are the benefits of a skimmer?

A skimmer removes organics from your tank. if you run your skimmer for a week or two you'd see what it pulls from the water. Nasty stuff. I wouldnt want that nasty crud in my tank so best to skim it out. :)

carey said:
A skimmer removes organics from your tank. if you run your skimmer for a week or two you'd see what it pulls from the water. Nasty stuff. I wouldnt want that nasty crud in my tank so best to skim it out. :)

I got the skimmer goin! Had to dial it back.... a lot. Filled the cup with water in about 3 min. Haha

Back
Top Bottom