Fluvl 406 or Eheim 2215

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, in doing some more research on the 406, I found that over the first few months of use, the impeller starts to wear down and fail for a number of users. That got me looking into Eheim's 2215. I can't find many complaints over parts wearing out, but brittle plastic seems to be a problem. So, I'm wondering what canister filters you all have used and what you have found to be problematic with those.

Thanks as always!

Generally threads like this simply turn into a Coke vs Pepsi debate, and I prefer Fluval and Coke(Pepsi tastes like crap and I hate green hoses in my tanks).

I don't think you can go wrong with either canister as long and you properly maintain each one. But when comparing the 2215 to 406 is a little off as the Fluval has a larger biocapacity and flows twice as much per hour, the 2217 would be a little closer to the 406 when comparing apples to apples.

Last edited:
Yea, I figured as much, and figured people would avoid the topic to avoid an argument. I was just hoping that someone would have tried one, had troubles, went with the other, and had an honest comparison between the two. Worth a shot anyway.

Not used either of the two brands you mentioned but I can't speak highly enough of my All Pond Solutions filters. I think they're also sold under the name of SunSun. I've run the 1000lph model for some time now with absolutely no problems. It's quiet, reliable, simple to setup and maintain, has loads of room for media (some is included but depends on your preference) and the model I bought has a uv steriliser built in and for the price (£60) you literally can't go wrong. I've just bought the 2000lph model as I've upgraded my tank and this one has 4 massive trays for media and the uv and only cost £80. The hoses are green but the actual intake and spray bar are black and they are literally invisible against the black backdrop of my tank.

Back
Top Bottom