For Your Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got home from work today and my bio wheel on my penguin 200 had stopped spinning. I took the bio wheel off and fiddled around with it for around a half hour. I left for a poker game and I was frustrated as well. I got home and looked at it again and took it completely apart. I had noticed the wheel was not spinning as fast as in the past however I thought it was just normal. However, long story short, I had java moss on the impeller. I took the impeller, rinsed it, thus cleaning it and I put it back in. The bio-wheel is flying now and is like new. Pretty pumped it was that easy.

i've been having bio wheel not spinning problems myself. but i don't have any java moss in those tanks.:confused:
i tried rinsing them in tank water, and cleaning the rotating points. i might just go get some new ones. my tanks are established...

No No you dont want new ones... Turn your filter off. Take out the intake tube. The housing that holds your intake is where your impeller is. Take out that entire housing. It kind of slides into the side of the filter box. Pull it out and rinse it off. I reached down in the top with my finger and pulled out debris then rinsed it. I didnt even take it apart. I dont know if you can but I would not if I were you. Mine works like new now. Give it a shot and you will see what I mean. Once I found it... it only took me 5 minutes to do this. I will now know what do do when it slows down again.

Back
Top Bottom