Fowlr lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tkblades

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone. Going over all the stuff I got for my 120 gallon fowlr tank. I am leaning toward getting rid of my wood canopy with the t5 setup which looks like a prehistoric nightmare (preowned tank). I was thinking of getting the marineland glass canopy and using the Ecoxotic Stunner LED Strip - 12000K/445nm Blue. Does anyone know how many of these strips I would need for my 24x24x48 tank. If there is a better led lighting system for under $200 that will give me my day and night light advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you set on leds?? Id look into Kessil or rapidled. If youre willing to piece together your own led lighting, youll have a ton of options and flexibility. Im looking at doing rapidled on my 125 strictly because 1) im not paying a ton of money for some high powered coral leds i dont need and 2) building it myself gies me more options.

Also if you are planning strictly fowlr, just run power compacts like i did... Still bright as anything but nowhere near the price of leds or t5

Yeah i want the vibrant colors. I never heard of them two brands. I will have to check them out. As long as its not to pricy I'll go with it.

Kessil has some great point view leds that are decently priced, not to mention i love their color temps. Rapidled is more of a diy setup.. You pretty much order how many leds you want, pick a proper driver, then piece it together

How many rapid LEDs are you planning on using on your tank? Just to have an idea on my 120.

Prob 18. But thats just my initial estimate. (12 whites and 6 blues) of course im going to discuss it with rapid first. I have no intentions of doing any coral at all (predator tank) so my led count very well may change. Also keep in mind i have a 6-footer tank. Your tank will be slightly different

As much as I want a predator with frogfish and longnose batfish. I would rather have a community tank to start. I saw in your profile when I messages you that you were from pa. Not sure where. I live right outside of Harrisburg.

Ahh good deal. Im from over by pittsburgh. Yeah predator tanks are pretty limiting but to each his own right?? Lol. On the topic of lighting, ive spent the past hour on rapidled website researching and i cant wait to dive into my diy led setup. Ive already learned alot more about leds that i didnt know existed. Ceck the website out and read up on everything

Back
Top Bottom