Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist
Originally Posted by Kolmar View Post
Ok I understand what you meant now.

Still haven't made up my mind yet. Still looking for something that will make me go wow.

Thanks for all the tips.
Yeah I feel the stand is one of the most important aspects of the larger tanks. Think of it as an insurance policy that looks appealing at the same time. If you have a solid foundation you'll avoid a lot of the problems that plague the uninformed.

No problem man. I'm here to help. I knew absolutely nothing when I first joined here, and it feels good being able to help others out.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I or are the others crazy?"
Tarkus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion
If the stand / cabinet you are looking at cost $500, why not yellow page a local cabinet maker / furniture maker.
Call around, you might be surprised.

This way it will wow, and it can be customized to your specs.

Having doors instead of drawers would keep that cost down too...

Or you could be adventurous and build your own.

Let us know how you get on.

Vicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I do not trust the furniture itself is basically a top shelf, there would be no more than one stent. Unless, of course, it means the furniture is a special aquarium stand.

MyJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com