FW Planted Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
Want to start planting my tank and was wondering what lighting I should use. I have a 10 and 20 and both are to be planted, should I use led or fluorescent and what kind thanks for any input!!

I prefer fluorescent myself. I am using T-8 N.O. fixtures on my plant propagation/ grow out tanks and have excellent plant growth, and color. I use 2 triple tube lights 150 watts over 40 breeder tanks. It throws a ton of light into the tanks. The PAR is well over 100. I have Alt. Reinekii that is completely red. Even the tops of the leaves are red. I also use T-5 HO lights on my display tanks with excellent results.
I understand that LED are becoming the rage for tank lighting now. I have never used them, so can't comment on them.

I prefer fluorescent myself. I am using T-8 N.O. fixtures on my plant propagation/ grow out tanks and have excellent plant growth, and color. I use 2 triple tube lights 150 watts over 40 breeder tanks. It throws a ton of light into the tanks. The PAR is well over 100. I have Alt. Reinekii that is completely red. Even the tops of the leaves are red. I also use T-5 HO lights on my display tanks with excellent results.
I understand that LED are becoming the rage for tank lighting now. I have never used them, so can't comment on them.

Hmmm thanks for the input, i always assumed fluorescent would be the way but I would love to see some other input aswell

Leds are super nice but i use dual t-5 ho on my display tank and can grow almost anything with my ferts and co2. I say if you can afford it go for the bulid my le dutch planted fixture but for cost effective cheap lighting that does a great job dual t-5 ho will do a great job for you!:)

Leds are super nice but i use dual t-5 ho on my display tank and can grow almost anything with my ferts and co2. I say if you can afford it go for the bulid my le dutch planted fixture but for cost effective cheap lighting that does a great job dual t-5 ho will do a great job for you!:)
ill look at both thanks!

Back
Top Bottom