FX5 - Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

After months of getting my tank up, running, cycled and stocked my FX5 has now died after a long career of around a month.

I'm really disallusioned as no doubt by the time I can get a replacement my fish will have either gone through hell or simply died.

The filter has been running fine until today where after stopping the flow via the valves the flow suddenly became very eratic like it was pushing air out.

i.e. Nothing for around 10 seconds then a big burst of water.

This continued on for half an hour and even after turning it on and off it didn't help.

Since then I have drained and refilled the water and the cleaned the impeller.

Now I get nothing from the tank, it just makes a very quiet whir and does nothing.

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Cheers in advance :nono:

Are you letting the unit reprime when you turn it back on? It takes a couple of minutes.

2. Plug the unit into an electrical outlet.

The electronic automatic priming sequence will begin.

This is what will happen:

a.
The pump will run for 2 minutes to fill the filter canister with aquarium water.

b.

The pump will stop for 2 minutes to evacuate air from the filter canister.

c.

The pump will start again; it will remain on and will run continuously until it is unplugged.

This sequence will repeat itself every time the unit is unplugged and plugged back in.

Approximately every 24 hours:

The pump will stop for 2 minutes to evacuate any air that may have become
trapped inside the unit.

Back
Top Bottom