FX6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was thinking of upgrading my current canister filter, Tetratec Ex700. I have a 55g and it is rated for a 60g. It does the job fine but i just fancy something bigger. I was thinking of the FX6. Would this be overkill on a 55g??. Any suggestion/advice welcome. I know i will probably get suggestions for an Ehiem, with it being hard to get and the price, it's out of the question. I don't think the Tetratec is available in the US but there are many generic copies of it over there, Sun Sun etc....

Attachments

• TH30172_p05_a01_v001-500x500.jpg
    TH30172_p05_a01_v001-500x500.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 1400L-Hr-Sunsun-font-b-External-b-font-font-b-Canister-b-font-font-b-Filter.jpg
    1400L-Hr-Sunsun-font-b-External-b-font-font-b-Canister-b-font-font-b-Filter.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 246
The FX6 is a beast. Even the FX5 is borderline too much (in terms of flow rate) for a 55 gallon...

I just set my FX6 Monday for my 90 gallon it took a hour and love it (y). It's real quiet but becare befull at startup.Purging air can get you wet no joke.:eek:

I love my FX-5 (on a 72G)

I think the extra filtration would be good, big spray bar! Also depends what you are keeping in there! Or if you ever will consider upgrading tank size in the future:brows:....

Back
Top Bottom