Garden Hose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never had an issue doing it when I kept FW. Made for fast refills in the summer when the cold water temp was about 76... I did run quite a bit of water through the one for my tank first though, just to rinse out any debris/chemicals used in manufacturing.

Thank you. With a hose, I will cut my time down even more. So far I turned an hour job to 30 min, let's see how low we can get it :).

What size tank are you using? My 90 took me around 45 minutes to remove/ replace with water. I used a big bucket to remove and a hose to replace. Now it takes about 20 minutes.

I have a 55 and a 37 that I do at the same time. Using buckets sucked and took forever. Unfortunately because of the hassle, I got behind on my maintenance. They are much happier now.

The best $24 you'll spend on your tank's maintenance. Garden hose works great, this works even better. You can get it on Amazon or DFS that cheap.

Aqueon » Aquarium Water Changer | Products

You can also get another brand called Python, if they still make them.

Looked into them, but they won't work with my faucet. I was worried about he garden hose. I remember as a kid, getting a drink out of the hose and it having that taste, rubbery, and was worried that it might have something harmful for the fish.

A water hose is quicker than using the python... even if you just buy a garden hose adapter for the sink (what I did for winter use). Never felt the need to waste water ($$) to siphon water out of the tank at a slower rate than siphoning down in to the toilet, bathtub, or out a window.

Back
Top Bottom