Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I ordered 30lbs of Live Rock Rubble to start with from toofishy.com it was 1.50 a lb. It its good Ill get some more. I called my lfs one wanted 3.00 bucks a lb but was out and 1 wanted 2 bucks a lb but they were out also. So with any luck Ill have fresh live rock rubble early next week. I am excited about this change because a long term goal is to have a mandarin running around in my tank. But from reading on this site I know how difficult they are to keep. But maybe this is a step in the right direction for that too. Who knows. This is a very addictive hobby.

Thanks for all of the help. When I get the rubble im going to add it to my sump and slowly over time start removing the bio balls.

jwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. You will be happy with this arrangement. Let us know how you make out.

Salttanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:08 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
A step in the right direction. You are at the maximum capacity for your tank but should be okay. I would slow feedings to once every other day. That is plenty. I feed my reefs about once every three days. Feeding once a day is certainly contributing to your NO3 issues. Cut way back (don't worry, your fish will be fine) and make sure you thaw and rinse all frozen food with RO/DI water prior to feeding the tank. Soaking it in a dietary suppliment like Vita Chem and Selcon is also a good move. Keep up on water changes until the NO3 is down.

Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com