getting water to flow overflow box, sump, return pump
Please tell me if the process below is correct. I am in the process of switching out my wet/dry to a sump. I already got the sump and overflow box. The new protein skimmer will be here tomorrow.
Please tell me if this is the right way to get things flowing, since there are no instructions.
1) I put my Eshopps overflow box on the back of the tank so that the little slits in the black front where the water flows in are even with the water level of the tank. Then fill up the front and back two chambers on the Eshopps overflow with water.
2) Connect the Eshopps overflow tube to the first chamber of my sump and add about 8" or so of water into the sump across all chambers.
3) Put the return pump in the last chamber and tube it back into the main tank.
4) Put the skimmer in the 1st chamber of the sump.
5) Start the siphoning by sucking on a airline tube in the overflow U-tube.
6) Once I get siphon then quckly turn on the return pump?????????
Does all this sound about right? Any extra input we be appreciated.